Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Wise as an Owl

Daniel 1:20
“And in every matter of wisdom and understanding about which the king inquired of them, he found them ten times better than all the magicians and enchanters that were in all his kingdom.”

Wisdom. I have been pondering this word for a couple days now. It all started with a gift I was given for Christmas. It was a simple bracelet with an owl on it. The significance of this was to show the wisdom of the owl. Which led me to think of myself, and why someone would choose this for me. Me?  Wise? I truly don’t see it. Often times I think I know what I am doing or saying and it is completely wrong, I think of the mistakes I have made and think hmm…that really was not wise of me, I could have prevented that. It many cases I probably could have changed things but many times when it comes to wisdom I think of people getting themselves in trouble and having the ability to get themselves back out still standing tall. The reason that the king counted these men as wise is because they had just been studying, and they had another factor working in their favor, God. In John 14:26 it says “But the helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you.” Without the Holy Spirit I am unable to be wise. It is through the power of Him that I can gain wisdom in Proverbs 2:6 it says “ For the Lord gives wisdom; from his mouth come knowledge and understanding.” The Lord is the giver of all wisdom and understanding. He is the one that will give me all wisdom in all situations. So to access this wisdom I much take Him into ever part of my being. He is the one that can give me the answers and understanding to all the questions I have in life. Giving him my full heart, my full life, so that he can give me his wisdom to do his will. This is once again a crossroad that I come to what is it that he doesn’t have control of? What is that he still wants to show me? I will continue to ask these questions until he reveals it to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment