Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Seek First His Kingdom

28 But if God so clothes the grass, which is alive in the field today, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, how much more will he clothe you, O you of little faith!29 And do not seek what you are to eat and what you are to drink, nor be worried.30 For all the nations of the world seek after these things, and your Father knows that you need them. 31 Instead, seek his kingdom, and these things will be added to you.
Luke 12:28-31
Seek first his kingdom...such strong words. Lately I have been hearing people tell me over and over to let God into the small parts of life. If you are like me you have always let God into the big decisions. Like when I was going to college where was I to go. Or what ministry God wanted me in. For example when God called me to IGNITE I knew he was going to have to provide the finances and you know what he did before I even left for the program. As I have been thinking about what to do next I have sensed God tugging on my heart to finish the schooling I have already started. He has given me vision for the future that I never thought he would. I was really eager to take this next step in submitting applications, but I knew I didn't have the finances to pay for the applications. So I decided to take a step back and wait on God. I put out my prayer that if this desire was truly from him he would provide what I needed. I sought first his kingdom and then I forgot about it. Weeks later I realized that this small pray had been answered with just enough for me to take the next step. This moment has fully renewed that small spark of faith I was looking for within me. It is easy to become comfortable and forget that we need to keep God at the center of everything that we do. This small act has reminded me to seek him first in all areas of life and to lay all my plans and my desire at his feet so that he is able to provide more abundantly for me.



No comments:

Post a Comment