Sunday, February 26, 2017

A New Thing

"Remember not the former things, nor consider the things of old. Behold, I am doing a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it? I will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the dessert." Is. 43:18-19
When the Lord first gave me this verse at the beginning of the year I truly thought He was telling me that He was finally going to bring new things to us here in Browning. I thought that the ministry here would begin to finally flourish the way I imagined it would be during my field time. Little did I know is that God was about to do a new thing in and through my heart. I saw that my mind and my heart to this place was slowly becoming more and more hard. I was closing myself off to the children and the ones that I was sent to love on. He has changed my heart and mind to seek him in new ways. Praying more and relying on my time with him more and more. I seek that quiet moment of the morning or the quick verse in the afternoon to get through the day. I am seeing more and more how much I have to rely on him for my strength throughout the day. God is teaching me and doing a new thing in me, not the people or the circumstances around me, but in my heart and my mind. I am now turning to Him to seek comfort and joy and not to the people and situations around me. I may not get it right each day. But this is a process and He is teaching me a new thing each and everyday. 


No comments:

Post a Comment