Sunday, February 26, 2017

Wait...Again

“But if we hope for what we do no see we wait for it with patience.”
Romans 8:25
Wait and patience, the two words that the Lord has been giving me over and over during my time in Browning, Montana. Through this time my team and I have endured more than I could have ever thought possible. We have gone through crazy weather conditions, almost every holiday away from friends and family, and we have experienced the Lord in new ways. I am not saying that this time is over, actually we still have a lot left and a lot to learn, but still the words that the Lord gives me is wait and patience.

In this season of waiting it has not been easy, honestly I don’t even know what I am waiting for. I know the things I pray for and the desires that the Lord has placed on my heart, but I truly don’t think those are the specific things the Lord in going to grant me. Maybe He is and maybe He just wants to show me that He does want to bless me with the desires of my heart. Some days I don’t truly believe He would bless me in such a way, but then I remember who it is that we serve and He wants to give me good things, and He wants to give me the desires of my heart, but not until I first give them over to Him. Not until I fully surrender all at His feet, giving Him every part of my being. When He then has everything, every thought, every desire, every want laid at His feet surrendered to Him, God is then able to give them back one by one with a blessing attached. I am not saying this will be an immediate thing. It may take weeks, months, or years for Him to give them back to me, but when He does I know they will exceed any thought or dream I ever had. Because God is the God of exceedingly and abundantly more than I could think or imagine. A life surrendered to Him doesn’t make sense in our earthly minds, but it makes sense from Gods view and in His kingdom. When I have everything surrendered to the Lord I then look to Him for everything. When I walk, I walk looking towards Jesus, with my eyes on Him I am then unable to look at the circumstances around me, because my eyes are fixed only on Him. This is a beautiful placed to be in because then He is able to lead me in the direction I am to go. As I follow Him along this path He is then able to bless me along the way. One thing I have learned from those who have gone before me is that you are either preparing to go into a trial, you are going into a trial, or you are coming out of a trial. Basically we will face trials. And the funny thing is the bible says we will face them, but we often get to a trial and cry out to God asking Him why. He just looks at us and says I told you this would happen, now trust me and we will get through. He doesn’t say here’s a trial now get through it He says let me guide you through this. I am beyond thankful that I have a savior that will guide me through the storms of life. Someone who says wait and be patient, but then says, while you wait lets hang out so you are not lonely, allow me to guide you to the thing I have waiting for you. He doesn’t leave, He says lets do this together and walk this road hand in hand patiently enduring the trials that come your way.

No comments:

Post a Comment